¡Buenos Dias!

This is a normal view from my patio area and one that often greets me as I leave my house . The guy with the pot is my host father Don Willy. In this photo, he's preparing to de-feather the chickens that have been previously sacrificed for the day's lunch. In Guatemala, the day's largest meal is lunch time and it's not rare for my family to eat criollo chicken three times a week. Criollo literally means born in spanish America, however in our current context of the chicken it simple translates into home-grown. Home-grown chicken, like this, doesn't taste the same as the poultry that we eat in the States. It's a more natural meat with less added preservatives, steroids, etc. When my father came to visit, my family prepared us a local chicken dish using this type of home-grown poultry. Needless to say, it was delicious.

Comments